Saturday, May 10, 2014

"Another opinion blogger...?"

There does not seem to be any sort of shortage of blogs in the internet world, nor does there seem to be a lack of people who share their opinions about anything and everything; on the contrary, it seems a peculiar mark of human nature that everyone thinks their own opinion outranks the importance and relevance of everyone else's, and many of these "opinionaters" choose to proclaim their beliefs to the world by creating a blog of their own.  It would appear as if I am no exception: I am a man who has his own opinions, thinks (though perhaps foolishly) that they may at least be partly true, and have begun my own blog to proclaim those opinions to the world.

What then is the purpose of creating yet another blog among the thousands of others?  And why do I think that I am in any way qualified to voice my own opinions on anything?

To answer the second question first: I have no certificate of social knowledge, nor do I have qualifying experiences in the political field.  However, (though there does seem to be what would almost appear to be a certificate-mania,) I have a little bit of common sense, which has never before needed a certificate of authenticity to be applied to everyday life.  This common sense is my only claim to any sort of qualification, for this blog is not intended to present an authoritative opinion on anything. 

The purpose of this blog is twofold: indeed to present new (and maybe some old) opinions on many topics, but also to act as a voice.  Today there seems to be a great emphasis on freedom of speech, so long as it offends no one and remains fully tolerant of everyone else's opinions.  I intend to be tolerant of all opinions (after all, everyone is entitled to their own opinions,) but do not think that any and all opinions merit experimentation in practical life, nor do I believe tolerance means complete lack of voicing a differing opinion.  I am not afraid to hear people tell me I am wrong (I am entitled to my opinion, too!) and think that if my opinion contradicts that of someone else, it bears hearing as much as theirs.  I hope to join the voices of those who speak, who exercise their freedom of speech WITHOUT fear of tramping on someone's feet.  With this purpose in mind, I propose to blog at least, if no more, than once a week, expressing views on any of the varied and sundry things which present themselves to us in our lives, from religion and politics to the proper ways of performing everyday activities.

Am I just another random opinion blogger?  Well, I guess maybe I am.  But who knows?  Perhaps by this blog someone's opinions, either mine or someone else's, might be changed for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment